There are lots of creative ways that Community Health Centers can celebrate National Health Center Week. Below are some ideas to get you started!
No road trip is complete without capturing the fun memories! Record and submit a video with colleagues to highlight and celebrate your Community Health Center. The deadline to submit videos has passed. View all of the great submissions and vote for your favorite here! Voting will remain open through August 31, 2023. Winners will be notified by September 5, 2023.
- Videos should be 1-3 minutes in length.
- Demonstrate the unique value of Community Health Centers and contributions to the community.
- Tell a creative story that increases understanding and deepens commitment to Community Health Centers.
- Have fun incorporating the NHCW theme: The Roadmap to a Stronger America!
- Remember to be HIPAA compliant to protect patient/staff privacy.
Road Trip Bingo
Road Trip Bingo is a unique opportunity for staff and board members to engage with each other and appreciate the uniqueness of Community Health Centers. The deadline to submit bingo entries has passed. Winners will be notified by September 5, 2023.
How to play:
- Download and make copies of bingo card (color and grayscale available).
- Have staff and board members identify as many people as possible in your organization who are responsible for each of these vital Community Health Center services by putting their initials in the square.
- Win up/down, across, or diagonal.
Show off your health center to the community
- Host an open house and provide tours of your health center and the services you offer.
- Partner with community organizations to host a health/resource fair. Local public safety departments and sports teams also love to participate in these types of events to connect with community members.
- Conduct a voter registration event or blood drive.
- Coordinate with local schools and health departments to offer a childhood immunization day or school supply give-a-way.
- Organize a contest, such as children’s coloring or poster contest, and share the entries and winners on social media.
- Partner with the local library to promote the importance of health literacy. Set up a reading corner at your health center and have a clinician, librarian, or elected official read to children in pediatric waiting areas. Connect with Reach Out and Read for resources!
- Host a fitness class or walk/run to promote wellness in your community.
Honor your staff
- Offer free lunch, snacks, or swag to show appreciation for their their hard work. Local businesses often offer discounts or donated goods to front-line workers.
- Hold an awards ceremony to honor staff, board members, and other health center volunteers.
- Ask grateful patients and community partners to write thank you cards or inspiring messages to share with staff.
ALWAYS invite your elected officials to engage with you!
- Offer them a tour of your health center.
- Present them with an award for their support.
- Invite them to a ribbon-cutting ceremony.