As Community Health Centers continue to work on the front lines of COVID-19, we encourage you to think creatively about how you can celebrate and showcase your work with your community while maintaining appropriate social distancing. We’ve shared some ideas you can implement at your health center below:
Show off your health center to the community
- Host a virtual an open house and tours of your health center and the services you provide.
- Develop a theme for a day (Back-to-School day check-ups or sports physicals are good ones!).
- Hold a virtual voter registration drive.
- Involve local school districts by inviting teachers and health personnel, such as school nurses, to a virtual meeting to tour your health center and to learn more about your center’s initiatives directed to children’s health.
Honor your staff
- Offer lunch to your health center staff to show your appreciation for their work.
- Hold an awards ceremony to honor staff, board members, and other health center volunteers.
Engage your community
- Hold a contest like a kid’s coloring contest or a poster contest and share the entries and winners on social media.
- Host a virtual Future Clinicians workshop to celebrate and to encourage kids to take an interest in medicine.
- Partner with your local libraries to promote your services to the community. Arrange a library talk, and offer to have a clinician at your health center read a children’s book live on social media to reach new audiences and promote your services.
- Host a free virtual fitness class to promote wellness in your community.
- Show appreciation for local community partners and collaborate with local organizations on your celebration.
- Contact religious institutions to place advertisements or inserts about National Health Center Week activities on church social media accounts and offer to make health education presentations via live streams.
And ALWAYS invite your elected officials to engage with you
- Give them a virtual tour of your health center.
- Offer them an award for their support.