Every year National Health Center Week gets bigger and bigger, drawing more participation by elected officials, garnering increased traditional and social media coverage, and rallying greater support from national sponsors.
Here are some quick stats on NHCW 2016 that help give a snapshot view of the scope and reach of National Health Center Week in recent years.
- In 2016, health centers across the country held more than 1,700 local events in every state in the nation during National Health Center Week.
- National Health Center Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 were all kicked off with a Presidential Proclamation issued by President Obama
- More than 80 Members of Congress along with hundreds of state and local officials attended National Health Center Week celebrations in 2016.
- National Health Center Week 2016 generated hundreds of state, local and national media stories and generated upwards of 35,000,000 Twitter impressions!
- National Health Center Week 2016 also drew the participation of U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders and Acting Administrator for HRSA, Jim Macrae during a national teleforum hosted by NACHC, drawing participation by nearly 2,000 Health Center Advocates.